Fall Saturday mornings are reminiscent of great times of fellowship with my sister, cousin and myself. We use to get up, meet, grab a cup of Joe and head to the neighborhood yard sales to grab some good deals.
It has been a while and I have been hanging out alone, so I sent a text out last week that said, ” I miss our time together, you girls left me to yard sale shop alone”. lol
We have agreed to get back together and have a reunion, but in the meantime when I see a good local yard-sale I will stop in to check out the goods until we meet again.
2 weeks ago, I managed to stop by a yard sale near my house and found a great devotional, which had easy to find topics. I have been using it to reference our studies for our Simply Saturday Prayer call. Well then the next weekend, same neighborhood I was able to find another one and the deal is both of these may have cost me $1.50 and one was practically brand now.
So I have now become a yard sale book bandit, on a search for good reads to add to my library of must haves for study.
You just never know what good book is going to show up at these events, and while I wait to see what good treasure I find, I have compiled a list of must reads for personal development, business for 2013
Check out my 13 books for read for 2013!!
- The Millionaire Mindset- GerryRobert
- Feel the Fear …. and Do it Anyway- Susan Jeffers
- Getting Things Done- David Allen
- How to Win Friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie
- The Secret- Mark Miller
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership- John Maxwell
- Good to Great- Jim Collins
- God in the Marketplace: 45 Questions Fortune 500 Executives Ask About Faith, Life, and Business- Henry Blackaby and Richard Blackaby
- The On-Purpose Person: Making Your Life Make Sense- Kevin W. McCarthy
- Jesus Calling- Sarah Young
- The Path: Creating Your Mission Statement for Work and for Life- Laurie Beth Jones
- Change Agent: Engaging your passion to be the one who makes a difference- OS Hillman
- Creating Stories That Connect: A Pastor’s Guide to Storytelling- D. Bruce Seymour
We only covered 13 , but sure you have some good reads you would like to share.
Leave us a comment of your favorite book we would love to hear what you are reading!!